As part of Coventry and Warwickshire Business Festival, SPARK team attended a national conference in Rugby entitled “Business Support – What Works? Harnessing the power of productivity“. The conference included business support professionals, and representatives from Local Enterprise Partnerships, Growth Hubs, Economic Development Officers, Accelerators, Incubators, the Department for International Trade and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Round table discussions enabled delegates to explore the productivity challenges facing the UK today and how Business Support professionals can help businesses drive improvement and growth.
The conference included a line of speakers and representatives from the UK’s leading business support institutions;
– Andrew Paterson, Deputy Director at the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy
– Rebecca Riley, Business Development Director, City-REDI, West Midlands Productivity Commission
& Birmingham University
– Professor Stephen Roper, Director, Enterprise Research Centre, Warwick Business School
– Dr Jacob Salder, Research Fellow at Birmingham City University
– Professor Nigel Driffield, Professor of international business and Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor,
– Jacqueline Moore on behalf of Paul Uppal, Office of the Small Business Commissioner
– Kerrie Dorman, Association of Business Mentors
– James Phipps, Head of Economic Analysis and Policy Development, Innovation Growth Lab, Nesta